Maybe This Whole Thing Was Just What Rahm Needed – Rahm Finally Over 50%
I don’t know how I missed this, but yesterday there was an interesting poll on CapFax. It’s a poll from We Ask America, sponsored by the Chicago Retail Merchants Association (so take it for what you will), and it shows not only people overwhelmingly want Rahm on the ballot, but he’s finally crossed over the magic number. I guess it’s a case of don’t know what you got till it’s gone.
It makes sense, considering Rahm coming off the ballot made people look into the abyss and see there’s no one there they could even imagine wanting as Mayor. It’s fitting that the number of undecideds gets a significantly bigger bump without Rahm than any of the other candidates. The upside to this is that if Rahm stays on the ballot, this thing should be over with the primary, which means we won’t have an additional month and a half of this nonsense.
- Rahm Out of the Race? Not quite. (chicagonow.com)
- The Rahm Ruling (chicagoreader.com)
- Rahm’s On Again (themoderatevoice.com)
- WATCH: Jon Stewart Takes On Rahm’s Ballot Woes (huffingtonpost.com)
- Poetic Justice for Rahm (chicagonow.com)
- Rahm Back on the Ballot (politicalwire.com)
- Rahm Emanuel to Appeal Ruling Removing Him from Chicago Ballot (blippitt.com)
- Rahm Tossed Off Ballot (talkingpointsmemo.com)