Posts Tagged ‘forum’
The video really speaks for itself, so please watch it.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Somewhere I’m sure Malcom X is very proud of the solidarity in Chicago’s black community.
Watkins fired the first shot accusing Moseley Braun of leaving public life for several years.
“I did not even know the woman lived in the city of Chicago because I haven’t heard her voice on the street,” Watkins said.
“Patricia, just because you didn’t know who I was for the last seven years is because you were on crack,” Moseley Braun said.
While Watkins admits she was a drug addict at 19, she says she was never addicted to crack.
“She could be sued for slander,” Watkins said.
Even with the threat of a lawsuit, Moseley Braun is not apologizing for her remarks.
“When someone slaps you like that then you have to tell the truth and that is what I did,” Moseley Braun said.
If you’re not familiar with Watkins, you’re not alone. She’s been polling at 1%. Apparently Braun thought that this 1% was so important it was worth it, though…
- Chicago Mayoral Candidate Carol Moseley Braun Calls Opponent a ‘Crackhead’ (theroot.com)
- Carol Moseley Braun Must Avoid Planned Street Attacks Until February Election (chicagonow.com)
- Absent Rahm Emanuel, Chicago Mayor’s Race Forum Devolves Into Crack-Smoking Accusations (mediaite.com)
- Carol Moseley Braun and William Walls Exchange Heated Words at Forum (chicagoist.com)
- Carol Moseley Braun: Clinton “An Outsider Supporting Another Outsider” (chicagoist.com)